Consumer Psychology at the Ecommerce Checkout
This detailed and informative image looks at the motivations underlying customers' behaviour during the checkout process on e-commerce sites.
By looking at the numbers below, you can deduce that the following features would have a very positive effect on sales:
- Page loads faster than 3 seconds.
- Professional design and branding work rather than the default theme.
- The best product photography possible.
- Multiple images of each product from different angles.
- Product videos.
- Product reviews.
- A clearly visible phone number.
- Clear delivery details.
- A short checkout process that doesn't ask for any details twice.
- Guest checkout option (as below can double sales).
- No hidden charges that suddenly appear at the checkout.
- Newsletter opt-in checkbox.
- Big, clear buttons.
- A checkout progress indicator (you are on step 1 of 3).
- Discount codes and coupons.
- Low shipping costs.
- Fast delivery (but not necessarily same day).
- Clearly visible card logos.
- Multiple payment methods, including PayPal.
Consumer Psychology and the E-Commerce Checkout - An infographic by the team at vouchercloudblog comments powered by Disqus