How Do Colours Affect Purchases?
There are many factors that affect website sales and, as ecommerce experts, all of them are of great interest to us.
One of the factors that's relatively hard to measure because it's largely subjective is the design itself, although it's clear that as such visual animals, humans respond to it far more than would be expected.
For example, statistics prove that:
- The visual appearance of a product is one of the most important factors
- Of all the aspects of visual appearance, colour is the most important
- The effect of colour is learned rather than inherited i.e. different cultures respond differently to any given colour
Other factors you might not expect:
- For every 100ms improvement in load time, sales increase by 1%
- The word "guaranteed" makes 60% of users feel at ease