Selling on Google Shopping with OpenCart
Google have been trying to list products for quite some time. They started off with their product search called Froogle which became Google Base and now just Google Products. To get listed on these you used to just have to submit an XML feed but now they're changing again to Google Shopping and this time as well as submitting an XML feed to the Google Merchant Centre, you'll need to buy ads:
Our clients have reported far better returns from Product Ads than from standard AdWords so, to get your products listed you need to:
- Set up a product feed from OpenCart. This can be done by going to:
Extensions > Product Feeds
One will be called Google Base (old name still) click Install, then Edit.
Set the status to Enabled and click Save.
Make a note of the URL which will be something like this:
If you have SEO URLs enabled you can also use:
Browse to one of these to make sure it shows an XML document.
- If you don't have one already, create a Google AdWords account by going here:
- If you don't have one already, create a Google Merchant Centre account by going here:
- Link the AdWords and Merchant Centre accounts. Here's how:
- Create your Product Listing Ads Campaign: