Shopify vs OpenCart
What is Shopify?
Shopify is a hosted shopping cart solution that can be set up by almost anyone with basic IT skills and an internet connection. It’s easy to set up and has some well-designed themes. The idea is that everything can be set up and managed through a web browser, right down to the domain name.
What are the pros?
- Very easy to set up.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Customisable design.
- Payment gateway included.
- Relatively low fees.
- Lots of nice themes available.
What are the cons?
- With simplicity comes inflexibility - unable to change anything other than the design.
- Lacking of some quite basic features.
- Not suitable for custom functionality.
- Not suitable for complex bespoke shops.
|Number of Products||100||2,500||10,000||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Blog Social Sharing|||
For simple ecommerce websites that sell a small range of simple products, Shopify is great. For any ecommerce website that requires custom functionality, OpenCart would be a better option.
 Setup costs depend on requirements and range from £500-£5000.
 Hosting costs depend on traffic and range from £5-£300 per month.
 Available with an extension.
 Depends on your payment gateway.